Welcome to Clare!
Clare is a diverse community that boasts a wonderful place to call home. With a recovering, growth-focused economic base, a variety of industry, many entrepreneurial businesses, and with a very supportive city government, we are poised to move forward in the coming years.
The Clare Chamber was established in 1936 and has grown and evolved to help promote and support the local business climate.
We are a Chamber committed to the development, advancement and promotion of the economic, industrial, commercial and professional welfare of the Clare area.
Our mission is to enhance and strengthen our business community by promoting a healthy business environment. Our greatest strength is in the knowledge and talents of our Membership.
As a working business partner, we are dedicated to serving as a catalyst in uniting these voices, seek to provide leadership, and to be responsive to the needs of our members and the community.
The Chamber has established a variety of different programs to aid our business community.
- Clare Cash is a program designed to promote the economy of the Clare area. Clare Cash can be purchased at the Clare Chamber office for face value of the document. The Clare Cash certificate can then be used at any local business (whether they are members or not) as most of them accept Clare Cash. The business then presents the certificate to the Chamber Office and is then reimbursed the face value back to the business. This is a perfect gift, rewards program, or other type of recognition.
- Education programs are offered periodically through the Chamber to enhance the business skills and knowledge of the community.
- Referral Over Breakfast Group is a unique and exciting group of Chamber Members who get together once a week to enjoy a cup of coffee, referrals, great customer service experiences, business updates, networking and community news. Cost to join is $50 for the year. Contact the Chamber Office for more information 989-386-2442.
- Ambassador Club is a great group of dedicated, friendly and outgoing volunteers that represent the Clare Area Chamber of Commerce in our community. Our Ambassadors attend Chamber functions, Community Events, call on members to engage them, and to uncover obstacles that prevent members from maximizing their membership.
- Advocacy is a group of Chamber Members who seek to make an impact on the political front. Getting involved with governmental changes and other grass roots efforts to ensure a stable business, educational, and community environment exists.
- Business After Hours is hosted/sponsored monthly by various businesses to provide a forum for building your network of connections. Hors' de oeuvres' are served with a generous helping of comraderie, laughter, and sponsor recognition.
- Festivals & Events are coordinated through the Chamber with many locally invested people through committees. Hosting a successful event requires alot of planning, coordination, communication and teamwork. We are always looking for more people to get involved with the committee-work. We would love to have your help! See the Events page for more information on the various Festivals & Events coming up.
- Building Business Connections is a forum that seeks to pair local businesses with other local businesses to help provide the goods and services that are needed. By undercovering who some of these businesses are and the services they provide. It also includes and educational format. Be sure to register your business for this event.
If you are interested in joining the Chamber and would like more information, please feel free to contact the Chamber Office at 989-386-2442.
The governing Chamber Board Members represent a variety of business backgrounds and bring a wide range of expertise to the board.
2016 Board Members
TRAVIS HARRISON-VICE PRESIDENT
MATT MILLER – SECRETARY
CHERYL YESNEY - TREASURER